Friday, February 24, 2006

Punxsutawney Phil, You're fired.

Damned rodent. Why do people celebrate you? The groundhog was wrong, again. Spring has arrived in North Florida, complete with balmy 72 degree weather, crickets, toad frogs and flowers. Bah, humbug. High pollen counts, wasps and those little love bugs that fly around in plague-like swarms hung together at the butt, will soon follow.

For those of you that have been hibernating....it's February. I'm pretty sure that's winter, but you couldn't tell around here. Spring is just one step closer to Summer and to me, hot weather means one thing, Hurricanes.....lots of 'em. I've learned to love winter. I'm sorry to see it pass so damned early. This has been one of the weirdest winter climates in recent memory. Warm, cold, warm, cold. Back and forth and back again. No wonder I'm sick for the 3rd time this year.

I miss my stomping grounds in North Georgia. Still in the south but it comes complete with 4 genuine seasons. Here we have 2.... actually more like 1 1/2 this past year. As I told Hope, I feel like a turdcicle. This bronchitis hit me like a ton of bricks today. I'm gonna drink some cough syrup and beer and retire...peace.