Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Insomnia, I think I got it whooped.

I've solved my problem of insomnia, at least for now. It's ridiculously easy.

Ingredient # 1 - 2 Corona long necks. (with two shots of concentrated lime juice each, properly chilled)
Ingredient # 2 - Enough Lunesta to tranquilize a horse. (just kidding. Something smaller, like a llama.)

Take pills, drink beer and then it's nighty night, folks. I slept seven solid hours last night. SEVEN! That's like twice what I normally sleep. I didn't see any phosphorescent green butterflies but I slept, dammit and didn't wake up once during the night. And man, I felt good when I got up.

Beer and sleeping pills. Now why didn't I think of that earlier? I'm off tomorrow and got no reason to get up, so I'm going for NINE hours tonight. Yeah, that's right, you heard me, I said nine! I have no idea what lies beyond that eight hour mark but by gawd I'm gonna find out tonight. Like an intrepid explorer I'm off to the uncharted territory of La La Land. This sleeping thing rules! Oh yeah, there's no stopping me now, baby. Now I know why all you wierd people are so cheerful. It's sleep! The magic ingredient to happiness.

UPDATE:

I slept ten hours with the minor interruption of my wife and kids stirring about as they got ready for school and work. Ten hours sucks! I've been draggin' ass all day. Too much is the same as not enough...maybe worse 'cause I'm used to "not enough". Seven seems the magic number so far. I'll try eight tonight and see if it's better than seven, but it definitly ain't ten.