Friday, May 26, 2006

'Cause I can!

That's the only reason I'm posting this. I have absolutely nothing important to say. I merely marvel at the technology that I carry on my hip. (No, I'm not talking about my gun...that's on the other hip.) I'm talking about the electronic wizardry that is my PDA, that's a "Personal Digital Assistant".

Computers are remarkable enough these days. Despite the fact that I'm being dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century, I work with them every day and am not easily impressed, although their capabilities are far beyond what anyone could've imagined when the best you could buy was a 486. But impressed I am with this little PDA pocket computer. Now, from anywhere, I can send and receive email, check my schedule, make a phone call, talk to my wife on the built-in walkie talkie, text message a friend from a meeting, even surf the web!

That's right...I published this entire post from my Blackberry while at Mc Donalds with the family. Publishing to my website from my little cell phone might not seem like much of a big deal to you guys but I am thoroughly impressed! My cell phone carries more computing power than all of the computers on the first Space Shuttle combined! (true...so does yours) Such technology is incredible...almost scary.