Friday, June 23, 2006

Vacation??......What vacation?

Driving 1000 miles to spend about 3 days walking about 30 - 40 miles then driving 1000 miles back home isn't my idea of a "vacation". I feel like I've been beaten with a large diameter rubber hose. The wife and kids have had a great time but everyone is whining now.

So here I sit in this 2 star hotel, licking some very painful wounds trying to sike myself up for the 700 mile trip to my Dad's house just just south of Atlanta tomorrow. I'm exhausted, I'm hurt and I'm broke...when, exactly, did the "vacation" happen? The next one will be of MY design! It will involve home...my home...lots of time spent doing nothing, naps...plenty of long uninterupted naps, and teter just between 1 and 2 on the productivity scale. That's my idea of a vacation.

I'm talking like this is all over. It ain't! I got two more days of this bliss. I can't wait to get home. I can't wait to get back to the wonderful "Red" state of Florida. This is a VERY liberal city. I, of course, will have to blog more on that later...but for now, I'm gonna paddle like hell to get back home.