Monday, April 16, 2007

The price of gas...


While you're bitchin', consider the price that others have paid. I have to remind myself of this on occasion. This war has cost me nothing compared to this young man. My belly's full, my tank's full and every member of my family is present and accounted for. So what if my wallet is a little lighter? Somehow, after seeing this rivotingly sad picture of the true price of freedom, complaining seems damn near criminal. God, forgive me for ever being selfish enough to forget what it costs for me to come and go as I please...to vote...to worship...to live in peace and safety under the flag of a free nation. Humble me daily lest I forget the heavy price paid by 8 year old Christian Golczynski who stands bravely in this photo to receive the flag that covered his father's coffin. I cannot begin to imagine the pain that must be his. Thank You, God for my good fortune.